9 Fascinating Facts About the Supreme Importance of Good Posture
It is impossible to over emphasize the importance of good posture. There is so much value to be gained if you have this.
I have included a link to a free posture e-book and a link to some additional pictorial information about posture.
Good posture is fundamental to your overall health. It is as important as a healthy diet, good sleep, and exercising. It is an essential pillar of your good health.
Good posture means that you entire body is symmetrical and in alignment. It ensures muscular tension is correct and there is no overstress on any one structure.
With good posture you sit properly, stand properly and you lay down properly.
Importance of Good Posture to Your Overall Health
- It improves digestion and circulation. Poor posture can lead to indigestion, hernias, acid reflux, and constipation. Good posture ensures that there is no unhealthy compression on your internal organs.
- It helps your joints and muscles. Good posture ensures that your bones and joints are in proper alignment. It allows muscles to work efficiently and reduces the likelihood of injury.
- It reduces neck and back pain. Good posture allows your spine and bones to easily support your body. This contributes to healthy tendons, muscles and ligaments.
- It improves learning and memory. The better your posture the more easily you will be able to learn new things. Good posture also improves your breathing allowing you to take in more oxygen thus improving cognition.
- It improves breathing. Your lungs require space to be effective. When you slump your ribcage collapses leaving less room for your chest to expand.
- It makes you appear taller and slimmer. An upright stance is a “power stance.” This transmits status and trust to other humans.
- It makes you feel more powerful and confident. Staying upright improves moral. This considers the mind and body connection. Body language and physicality effect how we feel emotionally and mentally. Try it right now. Sit up straight, put your…