Stop now feeling guilty about everything
Stop saying you are sorry and stop feeling guilty. Did your actions really hurt someone? Did they justify your guilty feelings. Probably not.
There are nine things that you really don’t need to feel guilty about.
- Don’t feel guilty about telling people no. It is hard to displease people. But sometimes you just have to decline. You have to draw the line.
- Don’t feel guilty about giving yourself a much needed break. Many people underestimate how hard they actually work. Then, when they take a vacation or break, they experience intense feelings of guilt. Don’t beat yourself up for taking time out. You deserve it.
- Don’t feel guilty about not checking your email. You are under no obligation to obsessively check your phone or email notifications. This activity will just raise your stress levels. Allow yourself specified spaced out times to do this activity. Give yourself some much needed breathing room.
- Don’t feel guilty about letting people know how you feel. There are many times in life when we have to stand our ground. Never be afraid to let people know if you feel you have been mistreated. Don’t let your guilt prevent you from standing up for yourself.
- Don’t feel guilty about not pleasing people close to you. You really can’t please everybody all of the time. If you have disappointed someone try not to be affected by the other person’s personal opinion.
- Don’t feel guilty about binge watching Netflix. This is not an unspeakable act. There is nothing wrong with you. You have done nothing wrong. If you enjoy binging on Netflix than just enjoy yourself. And don’t apologize to anyone.
- Don’t apologize for your food choices. What you put in your mouth is your business. Don’t let feelings of guilt dictate what you eat. You are allowed to enjoy what you enjoy.
- Don’t feel guilty about what you choose to do for a living. Don’t alter your career goals out of guilt or what other people say. Pick the career that is right for you. Do your own research and feel proud of your choices.
- Don’t feel guilty about your political views. Don’t feel bad because…