7 Empowering Feng Shui Designs to Catapult Your Creativity
The philosophy of Feng Shui is the practice of arranging the pieces in living spaces in order to create balance with the living world.
Feng Shui is an ancient art and science dating back to over 3,000 years ago. The fundamental goal of Feng Shui is to create harmony.
We are writers and we spend a great deal of time in our offices. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could maximize our enjoyment of these spaces. Maximize our creativity and productivity.
We know that color, sound, food and smell can affect our moods and motivation in huge ways. It just makes sense that the arrangement of our work spaces has the same power.
Color, clutter, light, and the placement of furniture all matter.
Let’s take advantage of the simple and effective principles of Feng Shui to engineer our work spaces for success.
Let’s help combat writer’s block with a thoughtfully arranged office guided by the ancient principles of Feng Shui.
- Set an intention. Think about what it is you are trying to achieve. Visualize it. By considering this question, you will help to create a strong foundation of energy in your office.
- Place you desk in a commanding position. Have a solid wall behind you and some plants. Having a desk in this position literally allows you to position yourself energetically, literally, and metaphorically, to see approaching opportunities.
- Emphasize Function. Remember to think practically. Invest in, a supportive office chair. Be mindful of the amount and types of furniture. Have your workspace serve minimal functions. If it is your writing space, keep it your writing space. No toys, TV of other distractions.
- Be open to energy and light. Ensure good air circulation and open windows if possible. Air purifiers are great too.
- Avoid having your home office in your basement. There is usually not enough light or ventilation.
- Avoid clutter at all costs. Keep what is essential and get rid of the rest. Provide storage or simple shelving if required. Getting rid of clutter is an…