Pardon My Ignorance But I Have a Few Questions About Medium Things
I am still fairly new to Medium.
It is not that I haven’t tried to find answers to these questions. I have read almost everything out there. But I still have a few nagging queries.
Can anyone out there shed some light?
These are the questions that keep me, and maybe others awake a night.
- Is there any benefit from not “metering” our stories?
- Is there any benefit from “metering” some of our stories and not others?
- What factors would determine if we should decide to not “meter” a story?
- What factors determine that a story should be “metered?”
- Can a “non-metered” yet popular story still earn money?
- What constraints are put on us when our stories are “metered?” Is there anything that we can not do?
- Are our “non-metered” stories rated by the number of hits on Google?
- Do the number of hits on Google for a ““non-metered” story figure into our ranking on the Medium Algorithm?
- Do these Google hits matter?
- Speaking of the Medium Algorithm, is it true we are punished when we don’t publish everyday? I have found that this is the case. Just wondering if it might be coincidence. Views substantially drop.
- Speaking of the Medium Algorithm again, is it also true that we are punished when we edit and re-publish past articles. I have also found that this happens. Coincidence again? Views substantially drop.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Your answers to these questions will definitely be of benefit to me and hopefully many others.